Saturday, November 19, 2011

Floral Pattern: Yes?

Music: Major Tom (Coming Home) by Shiny Toy Guns
TV Show: Community

I recently did a "technology update" which just means that I updated my website and revamp parts of it since the six months I have been inactive (it's so horrible; everything is so outdated). There wasn't any new art to add since many of them are still in the making but regroup some parts of the gallery and I did add a little photography section, which consist mostly of the photos I took for Teaa's Flowers and something for my mother. I wouldn't consider myself a photographer but I taken pictures every so often as a hobby.

This is the one taken from my mother's garden if you were wondering...
from her Delia plant.

Since we are on the topic of flowers, there was a period in time when floral prints were super popular and people, primarily females, used them for everything. In the 90's, most of the swimsuits in department stores were covered in them and they were really cool back then. Every sweater and blouse that we would now consider tacky were splatter with a hodge-podge of these floral patterns. These bright, color clashing shapes were everywhere and then people thought that they were lame and it became a thing in the past. Only grandmas sport them. Anyways, I think they are coming back. I keep seeing product labels floral patterns. It's like they are trying to over thrown the minimalist movement or something.

I would say more about it but I'm too busy rummaging through my aunt's old sweaters bin from the 90's. They better be coming back or else I'll be the only one looking awful for the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment